Why it’s okay to send your child to summer camp alone
There are many reasons why it is good to send your child to summer camp alone. Here are a few of the most important ones:
- Camp Ondessonk Counselors. Our counselors go through extensive training to ensure camper inclusion. Counselors play a vital role in ensuring that all campers have a positive and inclusive experience at summer camp.
- It helps children develop independence. When children go to summer camp alone, they have to learn to take care of themselves. They have to make their own beds, get their own food, and clean up after themselves. This helps them develop a sense of independence and self-reliance.
- It helps children make new friends. Summer camp is a great place for children to meet new people from all over the world. They get to experience different cultures and learn about different ways of life. This helps them develop a more open-minded and tolerant view of the world.
- It helps children have fun. Summer camp is a time for children to let loose and have fun. They get to participate in all sorts of activities, from swimming and hiking to arts and crafts. This helps them relax and de-stress after a long school year.
- It helps children learn new skills. Summer camp is a great place for children to learn new skills. They can learn how to swim, how to canoe, how to play a musical instrument, and more. This helps them develop their talents and interests.
- It helps children build confidence. When children succeed at new challenges, it helps them build confidence. This is especially important for children who are shy or introverted. Summer camp is a great place for children to step outside of their comfort zones and try new things.
If you are considering sending your child to summer camp, I encourage you to do it. It is a great experience that will benefit your child in many ways.
Click here to register for Summer Camp.
Click here to learn more about the benefits of Summer Camp.