Welcome to the Summer Staff portal!
Here you will find updates for Camp Ondessonk summer staff regarding paperwork, training dates, and other information. Please check back frequently for updates!
- 2018 Camp Ondessonk Summer Staff Manual
- Trying to decide what you need to pack? Staff Info and Packing List
- Here is the schedule for each session: 2018 Weekly Schedule
- And the schedule of Themes for each week of the summer: 2018 Summer Themes
Send all completed forms AND copies of certifications to:
Camp Ondessonk ATTN: Lucia Hodges 3760 Ondessonk Rd. Ozark, IL 62972 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
***PLEASE TELL US WHEN YOU WILL BE ARRIVING AT CAMP AND WHAT TRAININGS YOU PLAN TO ATTEND, ESPECIALLY CPR/FIRST AID. Arrival at Camp Google Form
** If you are working 2nd Half cannot be at Orientation (Due to Finals/School Responsibilities ONLY), you should plan to arrive by Wednesday June 26 for a mini orientation. This will go from 6/26-6/29 and you will begin second half responsibilities on 6/30. **
LEADERSHIP STAFF Training: Wednesday May 22-Friday May 24. Leadership staff are ULs, Activity and Service Area Coordinators, etc.
* WILDERNESS FIRST AID: Sunday May 19 @ 8AM-Monday May 20 @ 6PM. Wilderness First aid is Required for adventure staff, strongly recommended for Nature staff and ULs. A great certification for everyone else! Course is $45 and does NOT include CPR, which is a prerequisite for this course.
RED CROSS CPR/AED/First Aid: TBA. This is a limited enrollment class for those that CANNOT find a CPR/First Aid course PRIOR to arrival at camp. There are very few spaces available. I recommend getting your CPR before this if you can. If you only need to “Challenge” this course, indicate that and you will be scheduled for a time. $30 for full course. $20 to challenge. Checks made payable to Camp Ondessonk.
ALL STAFF ORIENTATION: Sunday May 26 @1pm – Friday May 31 @2PM
OPEN HOUSE AND HOMECOMING: Saturday June 1– This is required for ALL paid staff and for LITs who are working FIRST HALF. Second half LITs will not attend the open house and should plan to depart camp on Friday May 31.
Additional Activity Training: Saturday, May 25th 9am-5PM: – For activity area staff. Boating Training for Aquatics Staff; Wrangler Training; Nature Training; Challenge Training; Range Training.
Use this link to tell us when you will be arriving and what trainings you will be attending, if any:Arrival at Camp Google Form
Pre-Orientation training dates listed on the form are for paid staff only, not LITs.
Check in for Orientation & Leadership Training is from 1-3PM on the first day.
Session 1 (Coed): Sunday June 2-Saturday June 8
Session 2 (Coed): Sunday June 9- Saturday June 15
Session 3 (Coed): Sunday June 16-Saturday June 22
Session 4 (Coed): Sunday June 23-Saturday June 29 *End of First Half*
Session 5 (Coed): Sunday June 30-Saturday July 6 *Start of Second Half*
Session 6 (Coed): Sunday July 7-Saturday July 13
Session 7 (Girls Week): Sunday July 14-Saturday July 20
Session 8 (Coed): Sunday July 21-Saturday July 27
Session 9 (Coed): Sunday July 28-Saturday August 3
- All required paperwork can be found via your CampWise profile. You received a login and password with your letter of agreement email. If you do not remember your login information, contact SUE at camp.
- All Tax forms will be required to be completed through Paycor, your online paycheck provider. You will receive an email asking you to login to the system with sensitive information like your social security number. This is how you will be able to view your paychecks. If you don’t create a login, you will still be paid, but you won’t be able to see your final pay amount every 2 weeks. If you have questions about Paycor, please let me know.
- Copies of ALL Current Certifications (CPR/AED, First Aid, Lifeguarding, Wilderness First Aid, etc.) must be sent in or uploaded via CampWise. Here is a link to CPR and First Aid certifications which are accepted by camp: http://www.acacamps.org/resource-library/accreditation-standards/first-aid-cpr-recognized-certifications. You must have an exam with an instructor for it to count.
- If you need CPR/First Aid, you must find a course prior to arriving at camp. Those that are unable to take a course prior to arrival should contact Alissa. Adult and Child CPR/AED/First Aid is REQUIRED for paid staff, strongly recommended for LITs.
- If you are over 18 and have already completed the full Diocese Child Protection Training at Camp in a previous year do your refresher course here: http://safeandsacred-diobelle.org. The refresher course is called “Bullying Approaches and Policies”. Upload your certificate of completion to your CampWise profile.
- Prior to Orientation, all staff should complete this online training: https://lnt.org/teach/online_camp_course. Upload the certificate of completion to your CamWise profile.
- Staff will be required to present appropriate identification in order to verify your I-9 form. Proper forms of ID include: 1. Passport 2. Driver’s license AND Social Security Card or 3. Driver’s license AND Birth Certificate.
- If you are bringing a car, you will need to know your Make, Model, and License Plate # when you arrive.
Send all completed forms AND copies of certifications to:
Camp Ondessonk ATTN: Lucia Hodges 3760 Ondessonk Rd. Ozark, IL 62972 or email to email@example.com or upload to CampWise.
Professional Development: Check out these opportunities prior to Camp!
Staff- Take advantage of a full year of American Camp Association Membership for free. Now is the time for them to join! Benefits include a free ACA webinar, a 40% discount on Chaco products, and more. The only requirement is that you must be new to the ACA. If you took advantage of this offer last year, you will need to renew your membership at the student or individual rate.
Wilderness First Aid Course: A Wilderness Medicine Certification (WFA/WAFA/WFR)is REQUIRED for Adventure Staff and STRONGLY ENCOURAGED for Nature, Wranglers, Unit Leaders and Everyone Else. We will be hosting a 2-day Wilderness First Aid course prior to Leadership Training
- Click here for more information on upcoming Lifeguard certifications in Carbondale.
- John A Logan is offering a Lifeguard course beginning April 26th. Info can be found here.
- Check here for Lifeguard Certifications near Belleville and O’Fallon, IL.
- Click here for American Canoe Association courses all over the country.
Here are other camps offering certifications (LG, CPR, First Aid) all over the country.
Staff Announcements: Check back often to see what’s new!
- STAFF Family Visit Day will be Friday July 5. Parents may arrive as early as 1:30PM on Friday for Tug and may stay through dinner and/or the Closing Campfire. Lodging is available in Units or at St. Noel for an additional fee. RSVP BELOW
It is too late to RSVP for this event. Please call Camp Ondessonk to reserve your spot. 618-695-2489.