Moving Right Along!
By Judy Blase Woodruff
With summer camp winding down, work on the Pete Korte Lodge staff duplex will undoubtedly pick up. But summer proved to be beneficial, with work moving ahead on the duplex. Ranger Mike Jennings was blessed with knowledgeable, talented Maintenance Volunteers the entire summer, with volunteer skills including carpentry, plumbing, and electrical, to name a few.
These volunteers did not let work on the duplex stop – they made headway on several fronts. The list of accomplishments included:
- plumbing configured for the eight bedrooms and four bathrooms;
- interior framework completed including corner framing readied for sheet rock;
- metal around porch installed;
- trenches for the septic system dug and electrical feeds installed.
Two additional projects will be completed soon:
- remaining plumbing and electrical will be completed by the middle of August;
- insulation to be blown in and the HVAC placed in the ceiling.
It is always said that Camp Ondessonk volunteers are the lifeblood of Camp, and work on the Pete Korte Lodge is proof of this. These skilled volunteers put so much sweat equity into ALL of Camp’s projects, saving both time and money. Without volunteer help, we would not be on target for the duplex to be completed by Spring 2024.
on the Pete Korte Lodge (Session 3 Volunteers).
Click here to learn more about Camp Ondessok’s mission.