Choosing a Summer Camp
Choosing a summer camp for your child can be a daunting task. There are so many options, and it can be hard to know where to start. One of the most important things you can do is to choose an American Camp Association (ACA) accredited camp.
The ACA is the leading organization for summer camps in the United States. They have a rigorous accreditation process that ensures that all ACA-accredited camps meet high safety, health, and program quality standards.
Here are some of the benefits of choosing an ACA-accredited camp:
- Safety: ACA-accredited camps are held to the highest standards of safety. They have trained staff, well-maintained facilities, and strict safety procedures in place.
- Health: ACA-accredited camps have a strong focus on health and wellness. They provide campers with access to healthy food, clean water, and medical care. Including always having a doctor or nurse onsite while children are present.
- Program quality: ACA-accredited camps offer a wide variety of high-quality programs. These programs are designed to help campers learn new skills, make new friends, and have fun.
In addition to these benefits, choosing an ACA-accredited camp can also give you peace of mind. You can be confident that your child is in a safe and healthy environment and receiving the best possible camp experience.
If you are looking for a summer camp for your child, we highly recommend choosing an ACA-accredited camp. It is the best way to ensure your child has a safe, healthy, and fun summer camp experience.
Here are some tips for finding an ACA-accredited camp:
- Visit the ACA website and search for camps in your area.
- Read camp reviews from parents and campers.
- Contact the camp directly and ask questions about their safety, health, and program quality standards.
Once you have found a few camps that you are interested in, visit them in person. This experience will allow you to see the facilities, meet the staff, and talk to the campers.
Choosing a summer camp is an important decision. By selecting an ACA-accredited camp, you can be confident that your child is in a safe and healthy environment and receiving the best possible camp experience.
Camp Ondessonk’s summer camp programs are designed for children ages 8-16 years old. We strive to meet the highest health and safety standards and are proud to be accredited by the American Camp Association. This accreditation means that Camp Ondessonk thoroughly reviews operational practices, seeks the wisdom of other summer camp professionals, and continually makes improvements within our summer camp program to comply with more than 300 written standards. Only one-fourth of summer camps in the United States have earned this mark of distinction. Additionally, Camp Ondessonk’s Equestrian Program is accredited by the Certified Horsemanship Association.