Celebrate 64 Summers of Memories!
On June 28, 1959, 481 campers and 52 staff members traveled down the Camp Road to enjoy a week in the woods at Camp Ondessonk. Many of the experiences these first Ondessonk campers had are now the traditions experienced by campers 64 years later.
Camp O Day was created to celebrate the joys and adventures at Camp Ondessonk since that first day. Held annually on June 28, Camp O Day celebrates the tradition of giving back to Camp Ondessonk with a special day of giving.
Every single act of generosity counts, and we encourage you to join in the tradition of giving on this special day. Join the celebration through one or more of the following ways:
- Make a cash gift to support the mission of Camp Ondessonk and celebrate your time at Camp by:
- Using the online Camp O Day website.
- Call (877) 659-2267 x114 to make a gift via phone.
- Sending your gift via USPS with “Camp O Day” in the memo line to: Camp Ondessonk, 3760 Ondessonk Road, Ozark, IL 62972
- Traveling down the Camp Road and dropping off your gift at the office in St. Noel Monday through Friday between 8:30-5:00 p.m.
- Purchase in-kind gifts to provide supplies for program areas!
- Pledge volunteer hours to help with work projects at Camp during summer camp or throughout the coming year!
Your gift, in celebration of Camp O Day, can help unlock one of the many giving challenges and matches taking place throughout the day.
Do you want to show the Camp Community that your decade as a camper or staff member was the best in Camp’s history?
Join the team as a Camp O Day Ambassador! Ambassadors can create a personalized giving page to help encourage others to participate. Get started by visiting the Camp O Day page and selecting “Join the Team” to create a personalized fundraiser. Check out the Ambassador Toolkit for tips and tricks.
Follow Camp on Facebook and Instagram all month to see videos from Camp Friends who have helped make Camp what it is today along with posts about Camp’s history and stories.