Camp O Day!
June 28th will be here in no time! Why am I so excited about June 28th, you ask? Sunday, June 28, 1959, was the very first opening day of Summer Camp at Camp Ondessonk! This day is important to the history of Camp, and many feel that a commemorative celebration should take place each year. It will become a special day of recognition and remembrance among our Camp Ondessonk Family – a sort of Founders Day.
We are planning to celebrate in several ways.
- Social media posts will recognize special dates and events that have taken place throughout the past 62 years.
- Campers will participate June 28, 2021, in a special day of celebration.
- There will be a “day of giving back” through:
- donations to support the mission of Camp Ondessonk;
- in-kind gifts to provide supplies needed for programming;
- pledges from volunteers to help with work projects around Camp.
You are part of Camp’s history, and we hope that you can participate in one or more ways on June 28th – Camp O Day! More details will appear in next month’s e-newsletter. Heepwah!