2019 Summer Camp Positions
THE 2019 SUMMER CAMP APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED.
You may contact Alissa Hollmann to inquire about applying for specific leadership positions that remain open:
- Adventure Camp Lead
- Health Center/Wellness Coordinator
No additional general staff applications will be accepted at this time.
The application is completely online, found via a link below. You are able to complete the application from any mobile device if you like. If you prefer a downloadable copy, use the Print and Send Application found below. Either way, you will be asked to complete several short answer questions so I recommend going through the entire application before starting to fill it out. You may also wish to record your answers on a separate word document and then copy and paste them into the application to be sure that you have had enough time to completely answer each question. However you choose to complete this year’s application- take your time, be thoughtful and thorough, and think outside of the box when it comes to selecting positions that may highlight your strengths! I look forward to receiving your application!
-Alissa Hollmann, Camping Services Director
Things you will need for your application to be complete:
- Prior to applying for a summer counselor position, please review the following document and determine which specific positions you wish to apply for: 2019 Summer Job Description Summaries and Salaries.
- Submit a 1-2 page Professional Resume via the file upload box below or email to camp. Include both work and volunteer experience. Examples can be found here: resume1, resume2, InternshipResume.
- If you did not work at camp in 2018, you need to print Summer Staff Reference Forms for 3 different people to complete and have them sent to camp. A nice thing to do is to give each reference a pre-addressed and pre-stamped envelope when you ask them to complete a reference form for you.
- Complete a staff application online HERE. Print and Send applications are found here. Pay attention to application deadlines for specific positions found in the Summer Job Descriptions found above. Admin/Sr. Leadership applications close January 2. Leadership/Specialty/Program Support Positions close January 14. General Staff Positions close January 31.
- All Applicants who will be at least 18 years old during their time of employment must submit an authorization for background check as part of their application. This form must be printed and signed, then returned to camp. Find the form here: Fillable CANTS form.
- All hired staff must complete CPR/First Aid/AED certification prior to the start of summer. Start looking for courses now. The certifications which are accepted by camp can be found here: http://www.acacamps.org/resource-library/accreditation-standards/first-aid-cpr-recognized-certifications. Online-only certifications are not accepted. You must have an exam with an instructor for it to count.
Feel free to call camp to discuss summer staffing and hiring if you have any questions: 618-695-2489 ext. 104 or email Alissa.Hollmann@Ondessonk.com.
To best demonstrate an applicant’s motivation and willingness to accept responsibility, I prefer hearing from the applicant themselves, rather than parents.