The Friend Ship Bracelet Kit contains four colors of Embroidery Floss and one Keychain.
Camper Learning Outcomes:
- Campers will be able to make a friendship bracelet!
- This is cool because it works on fine motor skills in the hands!
- No more than 30 minutes to learn, but an infinite amount of fun!
- Anywhere that is approved for crafting – outside, inside, on the go!
- Friendship bracelet (embroidery floss) string OR any other type of string you want to use (may produce
- Key chain (optional)
- Duct tape (optional)
- Cut three or four strands of string to the desired length – remember that more string equals a longer
- Tie a knot on one side of the string to keep it all from coming loose, OR fold your string (should be pretty
long) in half and tie a knot on the folded end so you have a loop for a key chain.
- Starting from the outside (right or left – it doesn’t matter, just be consistent), take one strand of string and
knot it around the others. Repeat this four times for a total of five knots with one string.
- Start on your second string and repeat the process the same number of times for consistency.
Continue until all of our strings have had their turn knotting around each other, then start over from the
- As you go, you will see the color pattern forming. When you have just about two inches of string left, stop
and knot the bottom of your bracelet.
- Tie your bracelet together on a loved one’s wrist. Friendship bracelets are meant to be shared!