Lodge Letter Writing Campaign
Paper and Pen please!
Camp Ondessonk holds a very special place in all of our hearts, and as Lodge members, we are committed to giving back to Camp through various acts of service. Often times Lodge members wonder how they can serve Camp in the most effective way possible, especially during these unprecedented times in Ondessonk’s 62-year history.
You might not realize, that as a result of cancelling spring programming along with summer camp, Camp lost approximately 2/3rds of its income for 2020. Since every day expenses continue – like care and feed for 65 horses, utilities, insurance, payroll, and more – the act of service most needed from Lodge members right now is reaching out to raise funds from a variety of sources.
Senior Lodge Official Isabelle Linn and her family have worked to create an easy way for Lodge members to reach out to their own family and friends, asking for a gift to Camp Ondessonk through a Letter Writing Campaign. Here is how you can be part of this exciting way to make a major impact on Camp’s 2020 finances so that future campers can experience the same joy, happy memories, and unique adventures that you have.
Each active Teen & Young Adult Lodge Member will receive via email:
1. An introductory letter from the Linn Family that explains the Letter Writing Campaign.
2. Examples of letters that will help you write your own personal request letter to your family and friends (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, parents of friends, members of your Parish, etc.). Each letter should explain why you love Camp Ondessonk, and to ask for a gift that will support the place that means so much to you.
3. Gift Response Form – to be included in the envelope along with your letter. This will make it easy for your family and friends to respond to Camp with a check, credit card, or an online gift. The Gift Response sheet has two identical forms on it, so you will have to cut the sheet in half at the dotted line.
4. Remember to ask your family and friends to include your name on the Gift Response Form or in the NOTES section of the online form so you will get credit for your service.
5. Mail 8 to 10 (or more) request letters by November 15, so responses can be received by the end of 2020.
Please accept this important act of service to Camp Ondessonk and spread the word about a place that literally changes lives and creates leaders for tomorrow. You are key in helping make this Letter Writing Campaign a success. Your participation as a Lodge member is needed and deeply appreciated.