Outdoor Education Program Staff Positions
Fall 2019 Outdoor Education Program Staff
Three (3) 3-month positions starting August 20th, 2019 and lasting until November 18th, 2019.
Three (3) 9-month positions starting August 20th, 2019 and lasting until May 18th, 2020.
Full Job Description HERE.
- 21 years of age
- At least 2 years of college credit
- Previous experience in a camp setting and basic knowledge of outdoor education
- First Aid/CPR/AED certified or ability to become certified within 30 days of employment
- High levels of personal integrity, emotional maturity, patience, adaptability, and self-motivation
- Strong group facilitation skills
- Energy, a good sense of humor, and a passion for the outdoors are a must
- Bachelor’s degree in any field; but a degree in outdoor recreation, education, or related field is a plus
- Knowledge of the experiential education process, environmental education, and challenge course facilitation
- Strong group facilitation, communication, and interpersonal skills, and a high degree of job flexibility
- Wilderness First Aid or Responder, Lifeguard, American Canoe Association, Certified Interpretive Guide, archery, rock climbing, equestrian, or other certifications
COMPENSATION: $275-300/week depending on experience and education, paid bi-weekly, meals provided during programs, shared on-site, single-gender housing, pro-deals, access to thousands of acres of national forest.
Send cover letter, resume, & 3 references to Greg Santen at email@example.com
Camp Ondessonk hosts interns in a variety of academic majors, and the Program Staff position is the perfect way to get some great experience and your foot in the door at a wonderful organization. Internships are based on the existing program staff positions and are paid the same rate as their fellow program staff. Interns who would like to design their own experience outside of the above contract dates are welcome to contact us, but those positions may have a short period of unpaid work. All other benefits such as housing and meals will still be included. Contact Greg Santen at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the possibilities and see if there is something that might fit with your area of study and semester calendar.