Outdoor Education Instructor Position
We are currently seeking outdoor education instructors for the Fall 2021 season to provide quality outdoor experiences to kids of all ages.
Full Job Description HERE.
- 21 years of age, 2 years of college credit, and a valid state driver’s license
- Previous experience in a camp, park, or outdoor facility setting and basic knowledge of outdoor rec/ed
- First Aid/CPR/AED certified or ability to become certified within 30 days of employment
- High levels of personal integrity, emotional maturity, patience, adaptability, and self motivation
- Energy, good sense of humor, and passion for the outdoors, both personally and while serving others
- Being able to put the needs of our organization, its programs and facilities, and those we serve first with a sense of pride and personal ownership in what you do
- An “outdoorsy professional” appearance and high standards for customer service and guest satisfaction
- Bachelor’s degree in any field; degree in outdoor rec/ed, park/resource management, or related field is a plus
- Knowledge of experiential/environmental education, and low/high challenge course facilitation
- Basic understanding of forestry, biology, ecology, other natural sciences, and outdoor living skills
- Professional or personal experience in park/recreation facility management, maintenance, and usage
- Comprehension of the dynamics, management, facilitation, and communication of large and small groups
- Wilderness First Aid/Responder, Lifeguard, interpretive guide, archery, paddling, climbing certifications
COMPENSATION: $330-355/week depending on experience and education, paid bi-weekly, meals provided during programs, shared on-site, single-gender housing, pro-deals, access to thousands of acres of national forest.
Send a cover letter, current resume, and list of 3 professional references with their contact information to Greg Santen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions call Greg at (618) 695-2489 x129.
Camp Ondessonk hosts interns in a variety of academic majors, and is a great way to get some great experience and your foot in the door at a wonderful organization. Internships are based on the above job description and are either paid or unpaid. Interns who would like to design their own experience outside of the above duties and contract dates are welcome to contact us. All other benefits such as housing and meals will still be included. Contact Greg Santen at email@example.com to discuss the possibilities.