- This event has passed.
Labor Day Friends Weekend 2017
August 31, 2017 @ 4:00 pm - September 4, 2017 @ 11:00 am
August 31, 2017 @ 4:00 pm – September 4, 2017 @ 11:00 am
Camp Ondessonk’s annual Labor Day Friends Weekend is an invite only event scheduled for Thursday, August 31st to Monday, September 4th. Our theme is “Hawaii Camp O”.
Invitations to this year’s Friends Weekend are being extended to the following individuals (AKA Ondessonk Friends):
- Camp Ondessonk Staff Alumni or;
- Adults that have volunteered for Camp Ondessonk since Labor Day of last year (September 1, 2016) or;
- Adults that have made cash or in-kind gifts totaling $50 or more to Camp Ondessonk since Labor Day of last year (September 1, 2016).
- Each invited individual is welcome to bring immediate family members (spouses, children, siblings, or parents) and/or may “sponsor” one additional guest. “Additional guests” are not allowed to bring other individuals.
- Non-invited individuals wishing to attend may be added to the invite list (please download the registration form for further details).
Notes about the Invite List:
- Labor Day Friends Weekend is intended to be a celebration for the organization’s closest friends, thus the name “Friends Weekend”. We realize that some may feel left out or even offended by not receiving an invitation to the event. We apologize to those that may feel this way. Please know it is not too late to be included in the invite list. Camp Ondessonk relies entirely upon camper programming fees and financial contributions from individuals and organizations to sustain its operating budget. If you know of individuals that have not been invited that would like to be, please encourage them to renew their commitment to the organization by making a financial contribution.
- The invite list is generated from our database of tens of thousands of families and individuals. Our goal is to extend Friends Weekend invitations to the correct people but we realize errors will be made. Tracking the last year’s donors can be done quite accurately. Though we have taken measures during the last several years to significantly increase our accuracy, tracking volunteer activity is sometimes more difficult because of the shear number of people contributing to Ondessonk’s mission in this way. Tracking and inviting 100% of the last 58 years of staff alums is a challenge because of changed addresses, incomplete information, and other limitations inherent to managing a large and complex database. Again, we apologize to those individuals that should have been invited that were not. If you hear of people that have been wrongfully excluded, contact the camp office or email firstname.lastname@example.org .