Day Hiking at Camp Ondessonk
Camp Ondessonk will be closing its gates for registered day hiking on May 19, 2021, for Summer Camp. Members and guests of the greater Ondessonk community can start exploring the wilderness of Camp Ondessonk again on August 20, 2021.
Free-will offering at the suggested rate of $3.00-$5.00 per person
***All members of your group must sign waivers or the log book***
***No pets allowed on site***
- Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm Check in at the St. Noel Office.
- After hours, weekends, and some holidays: Sign visitor log book at the kiosk in the lower main parking lot.
- Some major holidays we are closed, check website or posted signage.
· Please park in the Main Parking Lot and proceed on foot or bike to the trailhead.
· Many of Camp’s trails lead off-property onto public, unmarked Shawnee National Forest trails.
· Only trails on Camp Property are marked. Know where you are going and how to get back.
· Bicyclists must wear helmets at all times, obey trail restrictions, and obey posted speed limits.
· Be good stewards and practice Leave-No-Trace Ethics.
· Always have water, map, phone, and first aid.
· Be mindful of natural hazards like cliffs, wildlife, ticks, high water, poison ivy, weather, etc.
· Calculate hiking time at approx. 3mph on easy/moderate trails; 2mph on moderate/rugged.
· Minors must be adult-supervised at all times.
· All local, state, and federal laws apply at Camp.
· Assistance call On-Duty Staff (618) 759-1780.
· Emergencies call 911. Closest ER in Harrisburg, IL.