Day Hiking at Camp Ondessonk
Free-will offering at the suggested rate of $3.00-$5.00 per person
***All members of your group must sign waivers or the log book***
***No pets allowed on site***
- Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm Check in at the St. Noel Office.
- After hours, weekends, and some holidays: Sign visitor log book at the kiosk in the lower main parking lot.
- Some major holidays we are closed, check website or posted signage.
· Please park in the Main Parking Lot and proceed on foot or bike to the trailhead.
· Many of Camp’s trails lead off-property onto public, unmarked Shawnee National Forest trails.
· Only trails on Camp Property are marked. Know where you are going and how to get back.
· Bicyclists must wear helmets at all times, obey trail restrictions, and obey posted speed limits.
· Be good stewards and practice Leave-No-Trace Ethics.
· Always have water, map, phone, and first aid.
· Be mindful of natural hazards like cliffs, wildlife, ticks, high water, poison ivy, weather, etc.
· Calculate hiking time at approx. 3mph on easy/moderate trails; 2mph on moderate/rugged.
· Minors must be adult-supervised at all times.
· All local, state, and federal laws apply at Camp.
· Assistance call On-Duty Staff (618) 759-1780.
· Emergencies call 911. Closest ER in Harrisburg, IL.