This temporary, full-time seasonal position begins with the Spring Outdoor Education season and extends through Summer Camp, 2019. Work as an outdoor educator and prepare for camp adventure programs during the spring and manage the adventure program during the summer. This is an excellent PAID INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY for graduating Recreation or Adventure Education students.
- 21 years of age and valid drivers license
- Strong documented experience leading multi-day expeditions with groups, experience teaching in an outdoor setting
- Wilderness Medicine Certification (WFA, WFR, WEMT)
- High levels of personal integrity, emotional maturity, patience, adaptability, and self motivation, strong group facilitation
- Strong group facilitation, communication, and interpersonal skills-Ability to speak effectively to parents, campers, and staff
- High level of organization to manage summer camp preparation along with outdoor education
- Degree in outdoor recreation, adventure education, or related field
- Lifeguarding, American Canoe Association Instructor, PCIA, ACCT, AMGA, LNT Master Educator, or other certifications
COMPENSATION: $550-600 paid bi-weekly dependent on certifications and experience, meals provided during programs, shared on-site housing, pro-deals, access to thousands of acres of national forest.
Send cover letter, resume, & 3 references to: Alissa Hollmann, email@example.com